Muchas gracias to my great friend and fellow blogger Heulwen for nominating me for this award. For VERY helpful beauty and fashion tips, go on and have a look at her blog: http://www.heulwenw.wordpress.com
LIEBSTER AWARD GUIDELINES:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you love with less than 1000 followers for the award and create a list of 11 questions for them to answer
1.What is your favourite childhood memory?
Hmm, possibly when I swam with dolphins in the Florida keys. My dad had arranged it as a surprise for the family, and as you could probably guess; swimming with dolphins is pretty awesome.
2. What is your most prized possession?
Oo maybe my polaroid camera: it’s cheap, not the best model, heavy and bulky, but I love it. Or my bass guitar (Fender Squier American Deluxe Jazz Bass- Black), it’s an amazing guitar: great sound, great look.
3. Why did you start a blog?
Simply, I wanted a platform where I would constantly practice and (hopefully) improve my writing skills. As if writing essays for a degree wasn’t enough. But I use my blog to write about more contemporary topics, and to develop my own thoughts and feelings towards particular topics that interest me.
4. You find £50 on the floor in an empty street. What do you do?
Perhaps my morals are probably going to be brought into question, but I’d probably keep it. I have a very important “travel to Brazil” fund, any donations welcome. Maybe I’d hang around to see if anyone returns for it.
5. Where is your dream destination?
Brazil! Although to name a place I’ve never visited and would love to, somewhere like the heart of Mexico or India so I could learn more about the culture, and the food.
6. What is your number one wardrobe staple?
I’m all about the converse. My first pair I bought when I was 12 and were red, my current pair are (a very filthy) white. These days I dress more girly than I used to with floral prints, and so converse allow my inner rock vibe to still exist.
7. Which song can you listen to regardless of your mood or current disposition?
Tough one! I think One Day More from the musical Les Misérables because it is, in a single word, epic.
8. What is your favourite movie?
Full Metal Jacket by Stanley Kubrick. I find it fascinating, Kubrick films seem to have a fixation with the idea of masculinity, and how this is exploited and threatened (IMO). FMJ has this, dark humour, insight into war, and the best ad-lib ever.
9. You’re only allowed to eat one thing for the rest of your days. What is it?
Potatoes. Must be my Irish ancestry, plus they’re a very diverse food.
10. What are your “words to live by”?
I suppose I like the saying “Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it”. It encourages me to grab life by the handles, be brave, and see how things turn out. And also to give people the benefit of the doubt.
11. What do you want to accomplish in life?
A successful career, god knows what (maybe something to do with humanitarian work), nice children that don’t drive me crazy, to have travelled the world and meet people of all kinds, and to own any of the following: a German Shepherd, Border Collie, Beagle, Golden Retriever or a Miniature Dachshund.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I have an unhealthy obsession with tea and elephants.
2. I collect miniature models of famous landmarks from the places I visit.
3. My favourite perfume ever is J’adore by Dior. I don’t know much about perfumes, but it smells nice and classy.
4. Politically, I class myself as a socialist.
5. When I was a child I learned ballet. During my first ever performance, I threw up on stage.
6. I really, really, really dislike mushrooms. And mornings.
7. My favourite novel ever is Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. The musical I find is also amazing.
8. Talking about musicals…when I was 15 I became obsessed with The Phantom of the Opera. If I was to appear in Mastermind (British TV quiz show), that would have been my specialist subject.
9. My middle name is Rose (after my granny), and roses are the symbol of Yorkshire and England. Therefore, my favourite flower is the rose. Or Birds of Paradise, because they look incredible.
10. I love clothes with a tartan pattern – inherited from my punk days.
11. The first major festival I ever went to was Lollapalooza Chicago- 2009 I *think* it was.
In turn, I nominate….
(Okay, I cheated, there’s only four- a clear sign I need to start following more blogs!)
My questions are:
1. If you could travel back in time for a day, what date/era would you choose?
2. After a hard day, what is your routine to relax?
3. What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago?
4. What inspirations do you get for your blog?
5. Who do you consider as a role model?
6. What is one of your favourite things about yourself?
7. What was the last song you listened to?
8. Is there one accomplishment you are particularly proud of?
9. Is there a painting, by any artist, you admire/love/feel drawn to?
10. What is your fondest blog post you have ever written?
11. What are you scared of?